Coronavirus Update & Information
At Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union, we care. The health, safety and financial well-being of our members and staff is our top priority.
Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union Management and Board of Directors is aware of the situation and we are currently taking steps to prepare in the event of an emergency. Our plans calls for enhanced cleaning and staff precautions to help promote member and staff safety.
We initiated the following:
- We instructed our staff to begin cleaning/disinfecting the branch daily
- All staff and members will be advised to wear face mask before entering the credit union
- Practicing Social Distancing-
We have implemented shields between our teller and loan stations for face-to-face transaction and set up our office so people are 6 feet apart.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay home if you feel unwell
We encourage our members to stay informed about the Coronavirus from a reputable source such as those listed below:
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Hawaii State Department of Health
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union will continue to monitor this evolving situation. We will provide important updates to our members with notification on our website, online banking, mobile and Facebook page.
BEWARE OF SCAMS RELATED TO CORONAVIRUS
During these pandemic times scammers are taking advantage of people’s fears surrounding the Coronavirus. They are setting up websites selling bogus products, offering medical advice to take your personal information, and creating fake charities to steal donations.
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know
- Do your homework when it comes to donations
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying that have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union welcomes members to the branch there are other convenient ways to bank with us.
- Account access 24-hours a day with our “Online Banking”
- Hotel and Travel Industry FCU Mobile App –
- Telephone Banking – (808) 535-4699
- Talk to Hotel and Travel Industry F.C.U Staff Member – Tel: (808) 942-5115
TEMPORARY HOURS OF OPERATIONS EFFECTIVE AS OF 3/24/2020
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday – 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
HARDSHIP ASSISTANCE FOR OUR MEMBERS
If you are experiencing a change in your financial circumstances during efforts to contain the coronavirus, contact the credit union.
Services for you at this time may include the following:
- Members with existing loans can request for a loan extension with interest only payments for three (3) months and may be extended an additional three (3) months if necessary.
- 2-Month Skip-a-Pay
If you’re stuggling to with making your consumer loan payments, you can skip up to two consecutive monthly payments.
- COVID-19 Emergency Loan for immediate needs such as rent, mortgage, utilities, etc.
No payment for 90-days
Loan amount $500 – $4,000
Repayment period of up to 24 months
- Financial counseling to help you make decisions that are in your best interest.
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Membership required. Must be 18 years of age or older to qualify; proof of income, or last pay stub required. All applications are subject to creditworthiness. Effective April 23, 2020. Offer subject to change without notice. Other, restrictions may apply. Contact us for full details.
The remaining installments on the loan, including this deferred installment, will be added to the loan at maturity, thus extending the term of the loan by three months. The interest will continue to accrue during the period the payment is deferred.
Please note that the emergency loan program is designed for hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We offer online or over the phone loan applications. Once we process and approve your loan, we provide a secured service called DocuSign, which allows you to sign your loan documents thru email without having to come to the credit union.
For more information please call our Loan Department at (808) 942-5115 ext. 230.
FILING FOR UNEMPLOYMENT
Please feel free to contact us if you need help
When filing for your Unemployment, the following information has been provided for your convenience if you do plan to have your funds deposited directly to your Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union account:
Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union
1914 S. King Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
Routing Number: 321378741
10-Digit Account#: 0000-000000
Indicated if you would like to deposit to checking or savings account.
If you do not know what your account number is, or need confirmation, please feel free to call us at (808) 942-5115.
COVID-19 STIMULUS DEPOSIT
COVID-19 economic stimulus funds are administered by the federal government and, as such, Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union is unable to provide information about timelines for deposit. However, the IRS has created an online tool that enables you to see status of your payment.
Go to “https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment” to check the status
At Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union, we care. We will always take actions to protect our members. Our success as your financial institution will always be defined by how well we serve you, our Members.
Hotel and Travel Industry Federal Credit Union